|Client:||City of Ottawa|
|Tomlinson Divisions:||Heavy Civil Division|
- Keep the same connections as the existing bridge
- Pedestrian and cycling detours
- Provide universal access by conforming to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Contribute to the City’s active living goals and City’s Ottawa Cycling Plan
- The bridge will be constructed from pre-fabricated structural steel and the main structure will be delivered to the site for installation.
- Construction will include north and south access ramps and bridge approaches, considered structures of their own. They will require complex foundations and several structural elements.
- The project will include the installation of Ministry of Transportation (MTO) permanent noise barriers and residential privacy fences.
- The provision of 1.5 metre bike lanes in each direction of Holland Avenue from Kenilworth Street to Tyndall Avenue.
- Inclusion of a painted buffer zone to provide distance between the cycle lane, the travel lane and parked cars