|Tomlinson Divisions:||Tomlinson Sewer and Watermain|
- Coordination with Light Rail Transit downtown tunnel
- Maintaining one all-purpose travel lane in each direction
- Auxiliary turn lanes at critical turning locations
- Flex-space along the street edge for on-street parking and loading.
- Wider sidewalks to accommodate increased pedestrian volumes
- Improved landscaping and street furnishings (trees, benches, bike rings, waste receptacles, surface pavers, etc.)
- New OC Transpo bus stops and shelters
- Transform Queen Street into a transit showcase street, given that two of the three downtown Confederation Line stations (Lyon Station and Parliament Station) will have station entrances on Queen Street;
- Support the success of Confederation Line’s Lyon and Parliament Stations;
- Be the focus of pedestrian activity in the area;
- Support bus-to-LRT interface zones to serve the Confederation Line in the downtown core;
- Provide opportunities for on-street parking, loading and service space for commercial vehicles.
- Construct extra-wide boulevard sidewalks, creative designs for parking and access, priority crosswalks and landscaping.
- New sanitary and storm sewer and service replacement from Bay Street to Lyon Street.
- Grading and drainage.
- New catch basins and catch basin leads.
- Concrete and unit paver sidewalks, flexible parking and crosswalks.
- Shared bike lanes.
- Street furniture and plantings.
- Resurfacing and sidewalk/curb reinstatement on the western and eastern limits.