|Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
|Ottawa International Airport, Ottawa, ON
The 10,000 ft airport runway underwent a major rehabilitation which was completed on schedule and within budget.
The project included:
- removal of asphalt
- replacement of runway lighting and electrical components
- removal and installation of a new storm water system
- regrading and paving
- Runway End Safety Areas (RESAs) were constructed at both ends, conforming to International Civic Aviation Organization (ICAO) and Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) standards.
- Tomlinson placed over 436,000 MT of Granular A and Granular B and 80,000 MT of asphalt. Tomlinson used a portable asphalt plant to supply asphalt and paved new runway in a 3-paver echelon. Tomlinson achieved a notable 10,000 MT / day production rate on this project.
- All works on this project were performed in an Airside environment.
- Tomlinson developed and administered the Airside Security and Safety Program, and trained all personnel in the safety and security program.
- Tomlinson installed security features and communicated regularly with the Airport Authority and Airside Security Escort Service.
- Work Permit applications were prepared in advance for approval bu the Airport Authority for the following week’s operations. The Airport Authority utilized the contents of the Work Permit application to consult stakeholders and Transport Canada on the scheduled construction operations.
- Tomlinson communicated with the Airport Authority to prepare and issues Notices to Air Men (NO TAMs) to advise stakeholders of construction operations.