At R.W. Tomlinson Limited, we are all dedicated to the continued health and safety of our employees. Commitment to health and safety forms an integral part of this company, from the president through to newly hired employees. We emphasize worker health and safety through compliance with government regulations as well as the company's Health and Safety Program.
It is in the best interest of all workplace parties to consider health and safety in every activity.
Tomlinson offers the following training programs to employees:
- Management and Supervisors are required to follow and comply with all of the requirements set out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all applicable regulations, as well as abiding by and enforcing the Company's Health and Safety Program.
- Supervisors will be held accountable for the health and safety of workers under their supervision.
- Every worker must protect his or her own health and safety by working in compliance with the legislative requirements and the safe work practices and procedures as outlined in the Company's Health and Safety Program.
Due to our training programs, our quarries and asphalt plants are continuously being recognized by the Ontario Stone Sand and Gravel Association (OSSGA) and the Ontario Hot Mix Producers Association (OHMAP) for no lost time injuries.
- Workplace Hazardous Information System (WHMIS)
- Fall protection
- Powered Elevating Work Platform (PEWP)
- Common core and generic supervisor common core
- Respirator fit testing
- First aid/CPR, lockout and tag
- Chainsaw safety
- Traffic control training...and much more
For more information:
Chris Keeping, GSC, CD
Director of Health and Safety
R.W. Tomlinson Limited
Office: (613) 822-1867
Fax: (613) 822-3230